ENROLMENT AT ST MARY'S COLLEGE
St Mary's College is a community of 840 students from R to 12. Our major intake years of students are Reception and Year 7. We also offer an intake for Term 3 Receptions. There may occasionally be places available in other year levels, and where there are no vacancies a waiting list will be in place.
Steps to enrolling your daughter at St Mary's College
1. Complete a quick and easy Application for Enrolment Online or alternatively download an application form here. Forms may also be obtained by visiting the campus or requesting an application pack from the school Registrar. To submit your application there is a $75 non-refundable application fee.
2. Book to attend a School Tour of the Campus.
3. After lodging your application, you may be contacted and offered a place and an enrolment interview for both your daughter and the enrolling parent/ guardians to attend.
4. Following the enrolment interview, if a place is to be offered, a written offer is then made to you and the enrolment is confirmed by either both enrolling parents or a sole enrolling parent signing the acceptance form and returning to the school along with a $300 non-refundable deposit. This deposit is later deducted from the first tuition fee account once your daughter begins at St Mary's College.
5. Proceeding an acceptance of enrolment you will be sent a pack containing transition information via email to help your daughter transition into St Mary's College.
Please note: When submitting an application for enrolment this will only act as an application and does not guarantee a place until the College offers your child a place. If a place is offered by the College and accepted, the terms detailed in the Application for Enrolment will form part of the Contract of Enrolment. When applying please ensure all the details provided are correct to ensure a smooth enrolment process. In the event that during the enrolment process your details change please notify the College immediately.
HOW EARLY SHOULD I APPLY? IS THERE A CUT-OFF DATE?
It is never too early to apply for your daughter's enrolment. We recommend submitting your application as soon as possible to avoid being placed on a waiting list for your preferred year. While we do not have a cut-off date to receive applications, later applications may not be offered an interview if places are full and will be placed on a wait list.
CAN I CHANGE MY APPLICATION AFTER I HAVE LODGED IT?
If you have submitted an application and decided that you would prefer your daughter start in an earlier or later year of entry we recommend contacting the school as soon as possible to advise of the change so we are able to make an adjustment on the application.
WHEN WILL MY DAUGHTER BE INTERVIEWED FOR ENROLMENT?
Interviews for Reception take place up to 18 months prior to commencement. Interviews for Year 6 & 7 take place up to 24 months prior to commencement. Any other year levels will be offered an enrolment interview up to 18 months prior to the commencement date.
DO YOU HAVE ANY SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE?
The school currently offers 'The Reconciliation Scholarship' for Aboriginal students. Please CLICK HERE for more information.
WHAT TRANSITION PROGRAMS ARE OFFERED TO NEW STUDENTS?
Reception students are offered several transition visits in the Term prior to commencing (Term 2 or Term 4). These visits are ranged from an initial 1 hour visit with parents transitioning to a full day without parents in the current reception class. This gives the students an opportunity to get to know their teacher, environment and fellow classmates.
A transition day is held for all R to 6 students in the Junior School for a day of activities.
Year 7's parents are offered a Parent Transition Evening and students are offered two transition days the year prior to commencing.
For further assistance with enrolments please contact the school Registrar to discuss your application via email@example.com or 08 8216 5704.
This publication provides Parents/ Caregivers of St Mary's College students with information regarding the day to day requirements of the College.