The Wellbeing Centre is a safe and calm environment where our staff support students in addressing a range of social, emotional, and psychological needs. The centre provides students with an opportunity to reflect on what is happening and how they feel and offers a wide range of resources and strategies to address these concerns. The Wellbeing Centre also includes a break out space with a range of sensory aides to support emotional regulation.
The Wellbeing team are qualified social workers with many years of experience working with children, adolescents and their families. Our team is available to provide a range of support to students, acknowledging that our social, emotional, and psychological wellbeing impacts our learning.
Depending on individual needs, the Wellbeing team works in partnership with families and Allied Health to provide:
- Brief intervention
- Counselling support
- Case management
- Referral to external services
At St Mary's College, we aim to:
- Provide safe environments where all students can learn, grow and flourish
- Create a whole school environment for positive relationships, learning and wellbeing
- Educate students in each of the social and emotional learning competencies: self-awareness, social awareness, self-management, relationship skills, responsible decision making
- Ensure that our approach to wellbeing expresses our Catholic Dominican ethos in its fullness, embracing our values of truth, justice and community
- Proactively support every student's wellbeing so that they can engage in learning